Thursday, July 27, 2006

Life of Pi



I finally finished Life of Pie. I had started it a while back, and then left it for Marley and Me and dissertation work. Then Jebbo mentioned something (I can't seem to find it anywhere--maybe I imagined it--makes a good story, anyway) about a tiger on a lifeboat, and I remembered it.

I highly recommend this book. I have to admit that I'm now suddenly furious that I'm not teaching at Auburn so that I could teach it next semester. It would work perfectly with books like Robinson Crusoe and Foe. I hope that next fall I'll be teaching somewhere that lets me teach literature (and choose my own books) again.

Anyway, having spent the past 227 fictional days on a boat with a Bengal tiger, I feel certain that survival takes every ounce of my human abilities. Richard Parker, where is your jungle?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home