Thursday, September 18, 2008

Umm

Well my friend (I'm winking at you CK) tells me to stop fucking around and blog. She says I don't have to say anything profound or meaningful. So, here I am trying.

I'm afraid the pressure to say something smart, clever, emotional, or even interesting keeps me from saying anything at all most of the time. Of course, that doesn't mean that when I do finally say something it actually meets that standard.

Today was a hard day: yoga, therapy, and acupuncture. A little more than is easy. Not so much as a hard day of work.

Some days, however, it would be easier to work. Now that I'm all stretched out, tired, emotionally drained, and poked, I'd like to relax. But here I am, trying to think of something to tell you all.

I guess I can just be honest. This week I'm living in the 80s. I just put a bunch of 80s songs on my iPod, and I've been in contact with several people from high school. It feels like I'm searching for something -- maybe even working on a few things. But the long and short of it: weird.

Childhood never really leaves us.

It makes the prospect of parenting even more daunting.

Want the soundtrack?

Try:
Open Arms -- Journey
Our Lips are Sealed -- The GoGos
I am Superman -- REM
Jack and Diane -- John Cougar Mellencamp
Emotions -- The Bee Gees


CRAZY

2 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Great soundtrack. Bring back Mellencamp.

9:06 PM  
Blogger noor said...


شركة شحن عفش من السعودية الى الاردن

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home