Monday, May 12, 2008

Like a lawn mower

Well, I'm still trying to finish finals, but I've been reading books like a lawn mower cutting grass. In the past two weeks I've read:

Push by Sapphire
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Daisy Miller by Henry James
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Night by Elie Wiesel
and I'm now reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I plan to go back to Austen, I just have to get more of her books.

The Red Tent is a wonderful retelling of Joseph (biblical) story from his sister Dinah's point of view. The final 50 pages are not as strong as the first 275.

Push is really good -- story of an abused African-American girl and her survival.

I'm not sure what to say about Daisy Miller. James is fascinating.

Austen is like cotton candy. But isn't cotton candy good??

Night
is hard, but necessary reading.

So far, A Thousand Splendid Suns is as good (Better?) than The Kite Runner. I hope he can sustain it. I'm 100 pages in.

Will keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home