Tuesday, April 08, 2008

another woman cussing

Tonight I was inspired by Sapphire.

She was a visiting writer with the Prison Program, and I went and listened. She was amazing. I'll be reading the book Push (see above link) immediately. It is full of curse words (see yesterday's post). And as I sat and listened to her read her book, I thought, this is why censorship is ridiculous. This is a story of a girl/woman who goes through SHIT, fights her way out, and survives. Who needs a story like this more than the woman who booted me out for saying fuck?

But, really, the curse words are beside the point. The point is, she inspired me...I need to stop worrying about leaving the worn path. I need to LET GO.

Jump.

Believe that there is more out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home