Monday, March 10, 2008

cruel world

In high school I loved what we would now call emo music. All this really sappy music about how cruel and harsh the world is...about how my pretty little heart was broken by every punch the world dished out. I loved Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, and The Cure.

The funny thing is, at that age, I had no idea how much pain there really is in the world. Even more irony? Now that I know, I'm not so much into the emo stuff. I tend toward sad music, yes, but I'm more interested in listening to people who see the crap around them and rage against it: however futile.

This is brought up today because it is March: it is sunny and beautiful outside and the academic world suddenly notices: wow, sunshine. What the means to the layman is that my calendar is now JAMMED full of stuff because EVERYONE wants to DO something.

So, I'm already exhausted and I'm looking at two full weeks of events EVERY night. Great events, yes. But a person is only one person, you know. I guess there could be MANY worse things to complain about: starvation, war, dictatorships. Those exist too.

That is how the world is cruel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home