Thursday, February 21, 2008

Me? Boundary problems

Is there something about me that asks for someone to pour their heart out to me?

C suggests that there is. He may be right. I have students IN CLASS saying things that take most people 10 years of therapy and dead parents to say. It seems that I may have some boundary issues.

Not really a surprise.

It has always been true that friends and family say that I am easy to talk to. I've always liked that. But, when class time is interrupted for a "therapy session," I have to ask myself if I might be doing something wrong.

It has never happened at work before, which makes me wonder about place and time. But obviously I have to figure out how to put up walls -- at least enough to get through a single class discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home