Monday, June 26, 2006

After shocks and starting again


Well, as fun as it was, my body hurts. Such is the price I pay to be fat and lazy.

Today I am moving slowly. I'm looking through the photos I took and wondering why my flash wasn't working. Everything is blurry. Oh well.

We had a new moon last night. I am ready to begin a new chapter. I have a bulk of paperwork to fill out for my new job in the fall. Newness has its drawbacks. My muscles wonder if wakeboarding will be their new sport. I keep telling them to relax.

I will begin again. Writing all day, yoga in the afternoon, Jon Stewart by 11:00 pm. Same old pattern. My muscles will find their old strengths.

Quotes from one of the best movies ever made Adaptation:

Charlie Kaufman: To begin... To begin... How to start? I'm hungry. I should get coffee. Coffee would help me think. Maybe I should write something first, then reward myself with coffee. Coffee and a muffin. So I need to establish the themes. Maybe a banana nut. That's a good muffin.

------------------------

Charlie Kaufman: [voice-over] I'm pathetic, I'm a loser. I have failed, I am panicked. I've sold out, I am worthless, I... What the fuck am I doing here? What the fuck am I doing here? Fuck. It is my weakness, my ultimate lack of conviction that brings me here. Easy answers used to shortcut yourself to success. And here I am because my jump into the abysmal well - isn't that just a risk one takes when attempting something new? I should leave here right now. I'll start over. I need to face this project head on and...
Robert McKee: ...and God help you if you use voice-over in your work, my friends. God help you. That's flaccid, sloppy writing. Any idiot can write a voice-over narration to explain the thoughts of a character.

-------------------------

John Laroche: Then one morning, I woke up and said, "Fuck fish." I renounce fish, I will never set foot in that ocean again. And there hasn't been a time where I have stuck so much as a toe back in that ocean.
Susan Orlean: But why?
John Laroche: Done with fish.

1 Comments:

Blogger anklebiter said...

Yeah. I really like that last quote. That character was great.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home