Wednesday, June 21, 2006

oh, the heat

Today is the summer solstice. The season changes.

It is 95 degrees (with 19% humidity) here in Georgia. I remember telling myself when I lived in Tucson (where today it is 98 degrees with 19% humidity, not much different, huh?) that I would never again complain about the heat in the south. So, I'm not complaining -- just stating facts. It is hot.

I watched another World Cup match today -- Mexico lost to Portugal 1-2. The air conditioning is nice. All the commentators on ESPN could talk about was tomorrow's USA match. We have no chance. When it was over, I braved the heat and did a few errands. The Japanese woman at the cleaners knows me by name now. We've become at home here. We're not only Americans, we're also Georgians now.

So, today is a new season. A new beginning...a fresh start. I might make a few resolutions... I might not.

I'd like to say I won't complain anymore.
I'd like to promise that I will grow to like where I live.
I'd like to resolve that I will try to concentrate on inner tranquility and peace.

But I know better.

Oh, damn, it is hot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the news just said that Birmingham hit 100 degrees today. I thought I was going to die today out working in a suit and long sleeve dress shirt. Can't wait till Friday.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home