Monday, June 18, 2007

A Little Behind

Sorry for the pause in the blog-0-sphere.

I'm still out here, but haven't been able to focus enough to blog. I hope to do better soon.

Things to think about until then:

1) I am reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins as a sort of continuing of my "thinking about god." It has all sorts of interesting statistics and examples. I tend to think, though, that Darwin (or at least Science) is Dawkins' replacement for God. I don't like that. Nietzsche wouldn't either. It is just another God. Still, it is interesting so far.

2) I am trying to pack my bags. Road trips are fun because you can take so much stuff. But when I can, I tend to. This leads to too much packing and taking too much crap.

3) Am I really doing the right thing by moving to Montgomery? Is there really another option? Can driving half way across the country help me figure that out? :)


Sigh

2 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Is it a sign of getting older that I want to make a list of stuff to talk about on your trip? Or just taking advantage of limited time?

I have deeply mixed feelings about the whole "atheistic fundamentalism" movement that has been getting press. Misgivings is probably a better word. There is Dawkins, who I think of as more moderate, and then Christopher Hitchens ("God is Not Great") who is more abrasive. I want to read them and read the Faith Club book I mentioned a while back, and see if I can find a truth somewhere in the balance.

Ever heard of the Burning Man Festival?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jebbo said...

Well? How is that handsome cousin of yours?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home