Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What do you know about lead paint?

That cute cute house I'm trying to buy has "evidence" of lead paint. Well, of course it does. It was built in 1940. But I'm getting widely varied viewpoints on what that means.

Next to having workers in space suits come in and remove the siding and drywall and replacing it with new siding and drywall, it seems that leaving it there covered up with new (non-lead) paint is the best one can do.

Some say this will lower my ability to resell. Others say it might poison my dog.

Surely people who live in "older" areas of the country deal with this all of the time. Why am I so freaked about it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Here's where you need B's readership to help you out.

Me, clueless. God help me when A and I get a house. 'Course in H-town they tear everything down every 7 years anyway.

I kid.

Maybe.

2:02 PM  
Blogger perrykat said...

Yea, it is messy to buy old and redo.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home