Friday, July 06, 2007

weekend

What do you do on weekends?

Lately it seems to me that all of our "life work/chores" is saved up for the weekends:

  • mowing the grass
  • cleaning the floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming)
  • grocery shopping
  • washing the dog
  • put mulch in the beds
  • dust the furniture
  • and other such stuff
By the time we get all of this done the sun is going down. So we throw in a movie to watch it, but we fall asleep before the ending. Are we getting old or is it that life is now just a series of chores? Is that what happens as you get older?

And we don't even have children! How do people with children even make it out of bed in the mornings?

I think that I'm a little frustrated by this. I skipped my workout today to mow the grass so that we wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. Suddenly, this chore thing feels a little crazy. Maybe home-ownership is the problem; I don't know. Am I alone here? Is life really all about cleaning and pruning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home