Friday, May 19, 2006

Weekend Giddy or something



So, after Jeff and I have burned the flames of thinking all week, I'm tired. So here's a nice little picture and thought for a Friday afternoon.

This was taken _????___ years ago (I don't actually know, but I'm not sure that I want to know because it has to be more than 25 years).

Where have you moved since then?


Here's my list, feel free to add yours:

1) married much too young
2) divorced and moved to Auburn
3) summers in North Carolina
4) one glorious month in Japan
5) too much time waiting on tables
6) crazy years and near death experiences
7) 8 months in Daphne
8) finally met a good man
9) finished my first degree
10) Montgomery: terrible place
11) Amarillo: worse place
12) Irving: my first taste of traffic
12) Plano: finished my second degree
13) Tucson: the most beautiful place in the US
14) Auburn: ANOTHER DEGREE????
15) Cumming: Not sure yet what to say about this. It won't be the last, I know that.


Fun to think how long the list will be in another 25 years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

1) bad relationship choices
2) scholarship to Auburn. Teems
3) living with strangers
4) Postmas. More bad relationship choices, scholarship to England
5) Manchester: adventure, good relationships
6) seven weeks of art on trains across Europe
7) Auburn: Another degree? Good times with Katherine & co.
8) summer in Dayon, Ohio. Japan it's not.
9) Lees in Opelika.
10) living with mother in law, new job, jet lag.
11) two hour commutes from Englefield Green.
12) car freedom and nice roommates in Egham
13) life under control in Engie Green
14) exciting new job, office and life in Woking
15) boring office suburbs in Leatherhead
16) bachelor life with James in Fairfax
17) solo road trips to Boston and Cleveland
18) road trips with Annette, art films, peace
19) workaholic life without Annette, new friendships
20) Houston: interesting and empty, building new networks, road trips to Alabama.

15 years, 20 bedrooms (not including sleeping on the trains).

10:43 AM  
Blogger perrykat said...

These are cool. Great to hear from you Haley (I can't wait for Six Flags). It is so interesting to see how we "stack up" our lives. Isn't it?

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see KP and CL however I am scared of even seeing Goliath!!! makes my palms sweat just thinking about it.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. growing up an only child, youngest cousin
2. having a hard time with that around 6th grade
3. thinking basketball and sports were my life.
4. asshole coach that screwed me on LSU, Alabama, Kentucky
5. going to Faulkner and discovering that in fact basketball isn't everything a soulmate is
6. auburn...getting to know KP whom i never knew before because I was the youngest cousin (or snotty brat as the cousin i was closest to refers to me)
7. happiness at auburn and getting to re-know cousins
8. meeting connor and falling in love with that little boy
9. moved to birmingham
10. got Casey
11. got pharma job
12. bought first house in the city
13. bought second house in the boonies
14. mom and dad move to lake
15. now... happiest i have ever been

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home