Monday, August 14, 2006

Back to life


The worst part about having a really good vacation is that it has to end. I've always had more than my fair share of sadness at the endings of good things: concerts, holidays, hanging out with friends, and now vacations.

So, I'm back to work today whether I want to be or not. I am finishing syllabi and the chapter that was to be finished before we left. Oh well, life can't be fun and beautiful all of the time.

I've been searching my brain for some political, clever, or even interesting news. Nothing comes. The world news is even worse than I can think about. Some days I just have to choose not to think about it.


I think I'm still in Wyoming, anyway. I think I'll just throw up another photo or two:

I didn't get photographs of the bear (and cub) or the buffalo that we saw. Both times I was too stunned by seeing such animals in the wild and so dangerously close to my body to even think about the camera. I took lots of pictures of Moose, but none turned out well.

In addition, as I look at the pictures of the mountains, none seem to capture how big and impressive they really were. It seems like a photo makes everything too tiny, to easily consumed by our little brains.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home