Thursday, August 03, 2006

New job, vacation, and other last minute stuff

I always hear people say that more gets done in the day before a vacation than a typical two week period. I am beginning to see some truth in this.

Reinhardt College (a small, private, four-year liberal arts college in Waleska, GA) had a faculty member suddenly resign. They called me on Thursday of last week, and today I am a new part-time member of their faculty. This is great news for me and my vita, however, it meant several days of running around and doing paperwork, and it means that I may be more busy than I planned to be this fall. I've contacted the community college that I had agreed to work for, and they are trying to do some shifting to lighten my load. Either way, I'm excited to be working at a four-year school.

Plus, we are leaving Saturday for our week long trek into the big sky western section of the U.S. This means that I have to drive Phoenix to Alabama tomorrow to be taken care of by a family member rather than a vet's office. While I'm there, I'll try to see Allison, Lesley, Connor, and Sydney and turn in my keys at Auburn. When I get home tomorrow night, I'll need to pack.

Between checking email and running around, I've been continuing to write. I wanted to be finished with the chapter before we left on Saturday. It is not going to happen. However, it is amazing how much faster the words come when I'm under such a deadline.

So, with less than 48 hours to go, I'm running on all cylinders.

Look out, 'cause I may run you over (accidentally, of course). :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

(Hums "Eye of the Tiger")

When can we expect to see you back (online)?

1:37 PM  
Blogger perrykat said...

I'm still debating taking my computer to WY. If I do, I'll post some next week. If not, it will be the following week (13th or so). I'm just not sure I want to go all week without the internet.

Sad, isn't it?

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home