Monday, October 02, 2006

Gender Genie

Well, this is not new to me, but I rediscovered it the other day. You can cut and paste any text into and a computer program with tell you if it is written by a male or female writer:

http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.html

Here's the kicker (for me). When I cut and pasted my academic work in there, it said I was male (not a big surprise). But when I cut and pasted a few of my longer blog entries in there, those also came up male (surprise!). Even MORE interesting, I cut and pasted a few entries from Miss in there too. It turns out when I write fiction, I am actually a female.

It is particularly interesting (at least to me), to see what words it thinks are male or female.

Do your own experiments. Let me know what you find. This blog, by the way, came up male (but just barely).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home