Monday, November 13, 2006

Sugar Addiction

For the second time in about three years, I'm coming off of sugar. I know that I have an addiction to sugar because both times I've "quit," I've felt worse than I did when I quit smoking. This time, I've promised myself that after ten days I can have some sugar again-- though I want to be more moderate with it. Somehow that helps.

Anyway. This is just to say that I'm mean and irritable. This thing I'm doing is supposed to "detox" me, but at this particular moment it feels more like I'm dredging toxic emotions and behavior from down in the depths of my soul. Chemistry fascinated me.

So, here I am, eating my nuts, meats, vegetables, fruits, cheese, and rice thinking that the food industry in this country has really worked my system into a mess. I'm 56 hours into this thing. Sunday was a blurr. Yesterday was a little better. Today I feel more like a human again. 8 days to go...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you tried Radiant Recovery? It's a gentle way to do this... :)

Lisa

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home