Thursday, July 12, 2007

clean floors

I don't have a diagnosis of OCD, but I have to wonder sometimes...

I have a "thing" about clean floors. So, yesterday I went to the new house and spent the whole day cleaning the floors. Today my back hurts, but somehow I find the experience (not just this time -- but always) cleansing, humbling, and, well, satisfying.

There is not much more humbling that getting down on your hands and knees and scrubbing the places where people walk.

I can't really explain it, but I know that it is an affectionate gesture...to wash a floor. It is like saying to the house...I will take care of you. And, it is, for me, a gift to myself. I love to walk across a clean floor. Then, when I polish the floor, well, that's just showing off.

I didn't take a camera, so I don't have a picture of my shiny, clean floors.

But they are shiny and clean.

I, on the other hand, am feeling a strange pinch in my shoulders. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home