Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What to say

WORDS

There is really no way to know what to say when.

All I have is my years of experience layered on top of the reactions of other people that I experienced in my childhood when certain phrases came out of my mouth.

Even though I've read lots of books and seen lots of movies since those times, even though I've had years of therapy to help me, I'm never sure what is the proper thing to say in any given situation. And, you know, words are what I study and teach professionally.

It may be because I study them that I find them so daunting. Or perhaps everyone feels this way. I can't know that.

But with life handing me Queen of Spade after Queen of Spade (as if the decks were stacked), I find that the right words might actually be helpful.

How do you know what to say?

How does anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home