Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another week

Well, I had hoped that at some point I would find time to blog more than once per week.  But alas, that, like so many of my well-intentioned plans, has been slapped in the face with reality.

So, this week was a good one.  Auburn beat LSU yesterday! (And yes, Ben, I hear you about leaving a game at half-time -- we will work up to a full game.  In fact, I think if I just take some acceptable food, we will be able to manage it.)  I saw the Dalai Lama on Tuesday in a conversation about creativity with Alice Walker and Richard Gere.  That was incredibly inspiring.  And today I'm going to hear Margaret Atwood give a lecture with some great friends from Alabama.  Not a bad week.



In addition, Zi did not get any biting "write-ups" at school this week.  She is still trying to have tantrums when she doesn't get things the way she wants them, but I suspect that those will go on for at least 15 more years.  :)  You can just see her strong will in this picture:


We had an official playdate yesterday with a long-time friend and her daughter.  I learned quickly that I am a pretty strict parent.  And in fact, that made me pretty happy.  I am determined to raise a child that will not annoy me when she is old enough to be my friend.  It seems like a worthy payoff: twenty years of rules for forty years of actually liking her.  I hope that I'm right.  :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You go Zi... tell them how you feel and make yourself be heard... I love ya darlin'

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home