Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another Ad -- Reprieve




re·prieve (r-prv)
tr.v. re·prieved, re·priev·ing, re·prieves
  1. To postpone or cancel the punishment of.
  2. To bring relief to.
n.
    1. Postponement or cancellation of a punishment.
    2. A warrant for such an action.
  1. Temporary relief, as from danger or pain.
Ani's new cd, Reprieve, is her first album where I fell in love with the music before the words. My love for the words came with time, and I now find myself singing the songs when I wake up in the morning:

just show me a moment that is mine
its beauty blinding and unsurpassed
make me forget every moment that went by
and left me so half-hearted
cuz i felt it so half-assed


It is different for her. But I like it.

Thus, the advertisement.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Just giving it my first listen, if you can believe that. Tried to forget about it so I wouldn't obsess, and succeeded too well.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Jebbo said...

by the way, sorry we didn't get to have a proper talk about the middle east etc. hope you weren't too disappointed.

on the other hand, had a great talk with my dad about middle east this week, and he said we should be dropping food etc and saying "USA loves you", would be better than all the bombs in the world. He gets it, I'm very happy (I remember the "we need to bomb them whoever they are" stuff after 9/11).

1:08 PM  
Blogger perrykat said...

I'm holding out for another conversation some time soon. I tried to call you from my car yesterday and soon found that the number in my cell was an old one. I need to fix that.

Anyway. Enjoy Reprieve.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home