Monday, August 21, 2006

Life Questions

Is it that keeping busy really does keep us from thinking about "deep stuff?"

I mean I can't even force myself to come up with any political, social, or personal questions today. And believe me, I'm sitting here trying.

I'm reading all of these great posts from other bloggers, and I'm thinking, I have a million things to complain about, but I don't really want to complain. I have a million (okay, so it is a little bit of an exaggeration) things to ask, but I don't really want to ask them. I am still mad at this patriarchal world, and this war-bent country, but right now I need to make myself some lunch and sit with the dog for a few minutes before I jump from "teacher" to "student" and work on that last chapter.

Is this the root of the work-ethic? Keep us busy and we will forget to question?

I wonder...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

every time i do a 'deep' post it involves dictating to a pc for about3 hours. even though it seems when i start like it will take 15min.

i think thinking etc has to be a pastime, that is, like entertainment, built into your schedule as something you do.

that reminds me of something i'll blog when i get home.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home