Thursday, March 08, 2007

Music I once loved

I have several short posts to make. My life is hell (and I think this is the final level where I find myself in Satan's asshole: Dante was a real sadist) for the next month. Maybe this will be a nice escape.

Here's the first short post:

I was at O'Charley's (not a chain restaurant that I love) the other day and several of the songs playing in their rotation were by The Cure.

I just heard/saw a television commerical using a Nirvana song to advertise a video game.


I wonder what Robert Smith thinks? What would Kurt Cobain say? I guess Kurt gave up his right to speak. But what about Robert? Is he furious? Does he make money on this?

This must be what happened to our parents when the mainstream (us) started treating their music as elevator music. How does this happen?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Finally, a silver lining in being out of touch with youth culture in my youth. They still don't use John Denver to sell cars... I think... but yeah.

Good luck with Satan.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home