Friday, February 09, 2007

You inspired Me

Jebbo's comment inspired me to look around me a little more. To consider all of the fleeting moments that make up life.

Woke dry and crackling;
skipped yoga;
pulled a book
from the bedside table;
read myself back to dreamland.

Woke again, drank water
settled in the cup;
let my crusted eyes
open slowly
to the pale sunlight
bouncing from tan wall
to carpet.

Dog's yawn cuts silence
into tiny bits
of falling dust;
his front paw's claws
push gently against my forearm.

Banana, fat-free milk,
and a quick snatch of potato-chip
dip preludes my return
to the books, to the revisions,
to the blue glow
of the computer screen.

The bed against my back,
the world at my fingers,
I begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home