Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Full moons, mojitos, and tequila shots


Well, today we have the first full moon of 2007. The world is full of people with new intentions, with hangovers, and with a harness around their bellies and mouths as they try to "drop a few pounds."

I, on the other hand, will celebrate the full moon with friends at the local tacqueria after my yoga class. My less-new eating style requires that I skip the sweet mixture in margaritas and mojitos, so I will just order shots and tacos. (Btw, I've lost 10 pounds now on my no wheat no sugar regiment).

But here is what I'm thinking. If I don't get the job at Hunter (oh, and I want it -- it would be a perfect job for me), at least I won't have to start over again making friends. I've been going out regularly with a great group of women from the yoga studio, and it reminds me that it takes quite a while to make friends when you move to a new place (I think we've been here about a year and seven months). So, if I get the news that I'm not the chosen one (they said they would let me know in early February), at least I have friends to drown my sorrows with.

So, here's to friends -- old and new -- and to finding consolation in whatever happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home