Friday, December 22, 2006

Celebrate the Solstice

Last night at 7:22 pm EST was the precise moment of the 2006 solstice.

Happy Solstice to you all.

What this means for me:

  • The days will begin to lengthen again (so those of us who are weather affected can smile a little more today).
  • The sun is now shining over the tropic of Capricorn (my sign).
  • Today is really (in my point of view) the beginning of the new year: the birth of the new sun (is this where xmas comes from?). So, I'm considering what resolutions I am willing to make. (I have a few, and they will join the others on this blog later in the week)
  • I may burn a yule log. I may not. My Christmas tree lights may have to suffice.
  • I'm going out for drinks tonight. Yes, pagan women like me like to turn any holiday (even our own) into an excuse for good Patron shots!
May your solstice be filled with magic. Blessings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home