Friday, March 09, 2007

Time Traveler's Wife

I took yesterday off from work -- it is my spring break after all. Instead of working on that diss, I read over half of The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I soon will take down What Comes of Coming, and the posts therein which make up what I finished of Miss. Here's why: Niffenegger wrote the story I was trying to write. Once one person writes it, every other person trying to write it should give up.

This is the best book I've read in years. I haven't finished it yet, but still I know that it is REALLY good. I recommend it. I REALLY recommend it. I will, however, warn you that you won't be able to put it down. Even if you have a 260 page document that must be finished in two weeks.

Anyway. What a cool world we live in when other people write what you wanted to write. My character, Ben, was a time traveler, but I didn't really know how to handle him because I was trying to write from the women's perspective. Niffenegger figured it out. What a cool book...

What a cool idea that the men we love are time travelers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home