Thursday, August 09, 2007

Last post from the unemployed woman

I'm doing all of the string pulling I can muster to have someone stay at a college campus until 4:30 in the afternoon tomorrow (a Friday) to give me the keys to my new office.

My key ring is filling up. It seems that all the stuff that goes with keys is here. I cannot hide any more.

So, my days today and tomorrow are full of all the last minutes stuff that I could/should have done all summer and didn't.

One last weekend with C, which is no longer a nice getaway, has morphed into unpacking and showing the new house to in-laws.

Then I start Monday.

In these last few moments, standing somewhere between two places, I find myself looking back at all the stuff that brought me here. I don't have anything profound to say about that, but it is always nice to take inventory and compare notes since the last count.

The main thing I see is a completion. I like that.

So, the next post will probably come next week from an employed woman. I'll be talking about office paper, business cards, and before you know it, complaining about the laziness of students. It is all predictable.

I'll try to remember to take some photos to spice things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home