Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy? Halloween

Now Halloween is just a great holiday. Yes? Here's my celebration:



I enjoyed tonight. But I have one complaint. And I am not alone. Why should I give candy to people who don't bother to dress? I mean, really. Why is it okay for a bunch of 13 year olds to grab a grocery bag and go door to door asking for candy without at least having taken the trouble to throw a little make up on their faces? It is not okay.

Parents: Don't let your children go trick or treating without a costume. Now that I am adult, I enjoy Halloween by looking at children in costume. I spend $20-30 on candy so that I can see costumes. I don't spend that money to give candy away to fat kids in no costume.

Okay, I know. I should be generous. And I am. Several times tonight I looked at a group and figured, okay, they can't afford the costumes. I gave them the candy. But when the fat kids in their department store sweatshirts came to my door and didn't even say trick or treat (they just opened up their grocery bags expectantly), I nearly told them to go to hell.

But I didn't. I gave them candy too.

I'm such a sucker.

I know A and the neighbors are with me. Anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home