Monday, October 15, 2007

What else

When I consider, like he said, what I should do with my time and money, I do sometimes wonder if I could be doing more good.

I mean, we don't need my income, so I could spend my hours doing something else:

teaching writing classes in inner city schools
teaching poetry in prisons
preparing meals at soup kitchens
raising children
cleaning runs at a humane society


The list could just keep going.

Not that teaching college isn't rewarding...it is, and I love doing it. I just wonder sometimes, what if...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

The best I have is the thought, headed north on 610 last Saturday, that while sacrifice is noble, it is also the example, and we should live as we would wish those we love to live: generously yes but also with joy in what we do.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home