Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Once...

Once upon a time, a girl fell in love with language. She loved listening to stories, to accents, to teachers talking.

Then she grew up. She got a job that allowed her to chase her love of language. But...

See. It does happen. In doing the thing she loves, she doesn't have time to do the thing she loves.

-----

I do still have a brain. I promise. I even have time, sometimes. I just don't seem to be able to blog the way I want to blog. I'm not giving up, just like I haven't given up on poetry. But, I'm not doing much of either right now.

It doesn't mean I'm not a poet. It doesn't mean I'm not a blogger either.

-----

In personal news (if you care), I'm headed to the Southern Women Writers Conference tomorrow. The irony is thicker than Alabama humidity. I know, I know. Maybe all of these successful women writers will rub off on me, inspire me, help me out of my dry spell.

:)

Hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home