Sunday, October 14, 2007

More about the sky

And once I figured out that the sky was never just up there...that it had always been falling, that "sky" itself was a myth created by those wishing for the world to be other than it is...

I was better.

Or, maybe I was worse, but I felt better.

Or, maybe I just didn't mind all of the pieces of "sky" scattered around on the "ground."

Similar to when I figured out that it wasn't Jesus who screwed me over...I could look at Buddha and Jesus and Jupiter and I could appreciate them for who they are. Or at least for what they might offer me.

So, I'm trying that...for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

The torturous, unquenchable thirst for knowing an unknowable world, the need to imprint like ducklings onto a protective answer to the unanswerable "This Ends"; desire opens us to the disembodied Word, its release, we fall dangerously in love, jealous of our lover, of our creation, which created us.

The companionship a great tonic to life's loneliness.

The jealousy its own kind of prison.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home