Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego

There is always a reason to be thankful.

Today I am thankful that our friends/family in San Diego have safely evacuated their place and are resting easy at a hotel in Arizona. No word as to how their stuff is -- or their residence.

I have a tendency to get caught up in the petty crap. Today, I'd like to abandon that. Instead, I am happy that the Teem-Wall clan is safe. I am thankful for the incarcerated men in my class who read one of my poems today and voiced their appreciation of my feminist view of the world. I am thankful that a little cold is not the breast cancer for which my close friend's mother started chemotherapy today.

For all those in shelters and hotels, for those sleeping in cramped cell bunks, and for those hurting in their hospital rooms, I send you my love and support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jebbo said...

Could not have said it better.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home