Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ready to come home

We were talking to another family in the elevator, and the mother said
exactly what I feel: I love to travel, and I can't believe that I
feel this way, but I want to go home. Because everyone tells us not
to travel around the city without a guide, and because our guide is
really too busy, we are stuck on the island far too much. We are stir
crazy. So, I'm ready for Saturday! Not that the travel will be fun,
I'm sure, but I am ready to get home. I never have fallen in love
with China either. Maybe if we were in Beijing or Hong Kong, I'd like
it better, but Chinese culture is pretty aggressive and closed,
protective. I'm sure that is how it has survived so long. But it
doesn't make for a fun place to travel. I also can't say that I like
many of the other American families here. The one couple we really
like are not staying near us, so we haven't been able to see much of
them.

I guess I'm just hard to please. Maybe I'm aggressive and closed ...
who knows? But, today is Thursday. We leave Saturday. Our swearing/
oath ceremony is today at the US Consulate. We are close to the end.
I'm starting to exhale.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Don't worry... I was ready to come home to - but I did like China. Just wish I were there longer... I will get back there one day - hopefully and be able to really explore... you hard to please... never... hehehe... I wish I had walked off Shamien - when you go through the park, up along the river along the path there and you can get into the city that way. I wish I had kept going and even went to one of the parks I wanted to go to... oh well... cie la vie.... hugs to you all.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Vonda said...

We are really ready for you all to get home. The old saying is "nice to visit somewhere else but it is so NICE to get home." I think you are homesick. Three more days and you will be here. Can't wait. Love you. Vonda

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home