Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Red Couch Photos

Well, we are down to the point in the trip where we take the
traditional pictures on the White Swan "red couch." For those of you
who aren't fellow adoptive parents, the red couch photo is simply a
family photo taken on the red couches in the White Swan hotel.
Because so many adoptive families stay at the White Swan, the locals
call it the "baby hotel" and these pictures are, I guess, the
equivalent of taking a picture in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
You stay at the White Swan, and you take pictures on their red-velour
couches. Usually, the adoptive parents dress their children in
traditional Chinese clothing.

But I'm so out of it, and unable to keep up with what to do when, that
I didn't even remember where we were going this morning when we met
our guide for what turned out to be our appointment for the photos.
Therefore, Zi is in American clothes, Charles and I did not dress
appropriately, and Charles didn't even shave this morning. He was not
particularly happy about it! Notice that Zi is not particularly happy
with being plopped down without us.

Oh well, here we are in all our unprepared glory! I guess this is
probably typical of new parents of a 10-month -old baby! Or at least
I hope so. I hope it isn't senility catching up with me!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I wouldn't worry about the clothing thing... you all look fine to me... as for Charles shaving... you can't even tell... I wasn't a fan of the 'red couch' thing... for the simple reason they would plonk the kids down and keep them there so they can get 100 of the same photo... forget that... Shauna was on the couch with other girls for a few shots then the minute she started getting restless... I got her off...

8:28 AM  
Blogger Billie said...

Belated happy birthday to Charles! Thanks so much for posting all of these photos and keeping us all up to date on Zi's journey with you. She is adorable...even when obviously unhappy with the red couch thing!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home