Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Whew!

So, day number two was not as easy as day one. But we expected that.
When I look at what we asked her to do yesterday, I'm surprised it was
not worse!

I keep trying to imagine this from her point of view:

On Monday morning, I woke up and my nannies backed me and many of my
sisters up and took me by bus (my first bus trip) 4 hours away. We
went from our beautiful little small, rural town to this big, loud
city called Guangzhou. There the air was dirty, there were cars
jammed into every road, and more people rushes along the sidewalks
than I knew existed.

I was taken to this cold building and into a loud room where lots of
strange looking people who talk funny stood around with nervous
looks. Then, one by one, my sisters and I were given to these
strangers! My nanny pointed to this man and woman and said that they
were my mommy and daddy, but I have never seen them before and I don't
understand the noises they make. They even smell funny! But, I left
with them. We got into a van and drove away from my nannies.

They took me to another cold building, and we played together. It
was fun, but I wonder when my nannies will come and get me. I went to
sleep in a strange wooden crib in a strange room with strange people.

This morning, I woke up in the same strange room. I ate breakfast in
the room, and then the couple took me to a big open place where many
of those strange couples sat around eating. After their breakfast, we
went back to the same building I was in yesterday when I met this
couple, and my nannies were there, but they didn't take me back.
Instead, they said goodbye to me.

Then my new family took me to a huge shopping mall, I've never seen
so many people and products and flashing lights. By the time we got
back to the strange wooden crib, I was tired and hungry, and pretty
unsure of why I had to be with these new people! Who are they? What
happened to my nannies? Did they abandon me like my mother did? Will
my new mom and dad abandon me next?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All three of you are growing into new roles...wow...I like the picture today of her looking at the camera...she looks like she's really taking everything in!--AQ

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Vonda said...

I loved the pictures and the commentary. I agree she wonders about her new caretakers but it won't be long and she will only have thoughts of you, her Mom and Dad. She is beautiful and from the pictures cirious(?). Can't wait till you all get home and we can be introduced. Love all three of you. Vonda

12:08 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I can't stop crying... this is so awesome... had to get on the computer at the hotel... had to see the girls :) I am so happy for you... can't wait to sit down and read more... hugs to Miss Zi... I am loving her already...

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home