Saturday, May 15, 2010

Looking for the sunshine

I've never seen or felt so much smog in my life! I can't believe they
were able to hold an Olympic Games here in Beijing. When I got out of
the airport, my lungs began to revolt immediately. Bravo Michael
Phelps for swimming like a fish in this air!

But, today is a new day. I can't say I'm much in love with China, but
there is a little girl here who I expect I will love so much that none
of this smog (and travel blunders) will matter much. The plus side:
the food is darn good.

We are up and moving back toward the airport and looking forward to
being in one place for a few weeks. The best news of the day... one
more day until we get Zi.

God, I can't wait.

Zi, we are heading for your province!!!

Thanks, friends and family, to all the well wishes, chin-up emails,
and your love.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh how I have been 'refreshing' all day... so glad to hear that all is ok... I found the smog to be so awful... I hated it... but will say that I did fall in love with the place...
Can't wait to meet more of your adventures... thinking of you both... and looking forward to Miss Zi

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home