Thursday, April 08, 2010

What Yoga Couldn't Teach Me...

There is no doubt in my mind that I spent the last five years learning to loosen my grip.  Yes, that's right, the control freak is learning that she really has no control.

After talking to the adoption agency today, we still don't have a date for our travel.  There doesn't seem to be any problems; it just seems that the universe hasn't quite taught us enough patience yet.   I am still learning.

I tell myself, that this is meant to teach me the patience I will need to be a good parent.  So, Zi, there you are in Guangdong and here I am in Montgomery, and the universe says we are not quite ready for each other this month.  Next month, I should have learned all the patience I will need for the next chapter of both of our lives.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You know... it is funny... I thought the same thing... when things weren't moving fast enough for me... I would say to myself... that fate wasn't quite ready for Shauna, Mike and I to be a fully fledged family... that was the only way I could calm down the control freak inside me :) Now that we are, it is like the whole 4 years have just slipped away... it is like a blur, though I still remember the ups, the downs and the really low downs... but I will always remember the friends I met along the way... though I do think that some of the friends I have now, and now that we have Shauna... they will all be forgotten... they will have served their purpose in the whole scheme of things... I will end up staying friends with but a handful of those people (don't worry, you are in the handful - or should I say... the circle of trust)...
Hoping your turn gets here - and quick... cause I am losing patience for the three of you... I want to hurry and make plans to meet up at some stage in life :)

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home