Thursday, December 09, 2010

How much better can 2010 get?

You know, if I look back at my life, there were a lot of really bad years.  1989 and 1994 were  particularly bad years.  There were good years too:  In 1991, I spent a month in Japan and climbed Mount Fuji.  In 1995 I met Charles.  In 2001 I married Charles.  In 2007 I finished my Ph.D. and got my first tenure-track job.  But, 2010 has been the best year of my life.

We got Zi's referral in February.  I moved back in with Charles after almost 7 years (not counting a few months here and there) of commuting between two cities.  In May we spent two weeks in China and met, fell in love with, and adopted Zi.  In August I started my new job.  And in September, we conceived our second child.

That's right.  I'm pregnant.  And, since I've been cautious about telling the news, I'm actually over 13 weeks pregnant!  So, this one is no fluke.  In fact, we found out Tuesday that he is a boy.  He is due on June 16th.

So, yes, it has been a great year.

Oh, did I also forget to mention that Auburn is playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP game?

Great stuff.

These were all taken by other members of my family on Thanksgiving and the day after:




1 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

It most definitely has been an AWESOME year for you both... and is only going to get even better :) I am SO excited for you all... Zi is going to be an awesome big sister... can you just hold off until at least June 24th - bubs and Shauna can have the same birthday :)

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home