Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sick puppy

So, I feel like I've been in a dream world since about February 1st.  That was the day that we got the referral for Zi and I saw her picture for the first time.  Since then, some really cool things have happened.  I ran a half marathon.  I got accepted and attended an amazing workshop (I'll try to write a longer post on this one) with Marge Piercy in Cape Cod.  We spent two weeks in China and adopted the beautiful, happy, healthy, and sweet Zi.  I moved to Georgia.  I got a job in Georgia.

But alas.  We found out today that Phoenix probably has cancer.  Lung cancer, no less.  They are running a few tests to rule out a couple of other things that it might be, but the doctor has a "hunch" that it is cancer.  And if so, there is no treatment.  He is 8.5 years old.  He is really my first child.

So I am devastated.  We will know more in a few days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear this.
Love you,
Vonda

12:59 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Fingers crossed... hugs...

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home