Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Long Day

Today has been long and hard.  Thank goodness she is cute and sometimes looks up and me and smiles.  Otherwise, I might not make it through a day like today.  I can't even get in touch with C to see if I can go to yoga tonight.  And, boy, do I need it.

Still, I took pictures of her.  I think if you've been looking at a lot of her pictures, you'll see the crankiness in her in these, although, she still photographs well, even when she is mad at the world.  The crankiness is probably from the vaccinations she got yesterday; I sure hope so.  I hope she is better tomorrow.

So, when I'm in need of some peace and zen, I like to cook/chop veggies.  So, tonight will be a from scratch (except the gluten free pasta, which I don't attempt) eggplant lasagna and a roasted chicken  (French   recipe).  Both new recipes for me.  I tasted the lasagna and it was good.  We'll see about the chicken.

Zi was not happy about my chopping.  But, she survived.

My friend Cara says to lower my expectations.  When I say we both survived the day, that, she says, is saying thar we had a good day.  I like this approach to judging my parenting skills.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

If I lived closer I would I would come and give you a hand... oh I hate those days when Shauna is super grouchy and everyone says she must be a peach all the time... though even when she is grouchy... I still love her dearly... who wants a perfect child - ummmm let me think about that one... lol...

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home